What’s the last thing you want to do in April and May? For us, it was having to prepare a comprehensive review for our 8th-grade science students to get them ready for their end-of-year STAAR test.
Our goal has always been to make your life easier. We have teamed up with Chris from Kesler Science and we have created the ultimate STAAR review for your students.
The Lone STAAR Launch is a 15-day, student-led review that will allow your students to build their confidence prior to taking the 8th-grade science STAAR test. All the heavy-prep has been done for you.
Lone STAAR Launch Highlights
- 54 Student-led Stations – Each of the 54 stations includes an engaging activity, an extension, and reflection questions that are aligned with the TEKS. The student-led stations cover all of the middle school science readiness and supporting standards.
- STAAR Practice Questions – A unique STAAR-formatted question for each station is included. A STAAR practice mastery sheet will help students measure their level of understanding for each standard.
- Four Original Escape Rooms – To take engagement to the next level, we’ve included four brand-new escape rooms. The escape rooms cover all readiness standards for reporting categories 1-4. Implementation is a breeze, even if you’ve never run an escape room before.
Scope and Sequence
The Lone STAAR Launch covers the readiness and supporting TEKS for the 8th-grade science STAAR test in Texas. However, they may align with your state also.
There are a total of 54 stations that cover a wide variety of middle school science concepts. You can download the full list of standards covered here.
The Lone STAAR Launch Sequence Calendar offers several different options on how to run the review.
What’s Included in the Lone STAAR Launch?
Check out the graphic below to see a quick glimpse of all of the materials included in the Lone STAAR Launch.
School and District Purchases
- Each teacher needs a license.
- School and district license fees renew each year.
- A license can be transferred to a new teacher if the original teacher no longer requires it.
- A license includes access to professional development videos.
- Purchase orders are welcome.
Bonuses for School Purchases
School purchases include renewing, transferable licenses and access to professional development videos. You can start your school purchase order here – Lone STAAR Launch for Schools and Districts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do you accept purchase orders from schools?
A: Absolutely. Fill out a quote request using this link – Lone STAAR Launch for Schools and Districts
Q: Is the Lone Staar Launch included in the All-Access Membership?
A: The Lone STAAR Launch is a collaborative project with another company (Kesler Science) and therefore will not be part of the All-Access Membership. That said, all future Science Duo only products will be included with your membership.
Q: Are all of the 8th grade Readiness and Supporting TEKS covered?
A: Every readiness and supporting TEKS covered on the 8th grade STAAR test is included in the Lone STAAR Launch.
Q: How does the licensing work?
A: Each teacher will need to have their own individual license. The license allows the teacher to use it with all of their classes.
Q: What is the difference between a teacher purchased license and a school purchased license?
A: A teacher-purchased license is paid for directly by the teacher. School licenses are purchased with school funds. These licenses renew annually. They come with transferable rights and additional professional development videos.
If you’ve been looking to take your STAAR review to the next level, the Lone STAAR Launch is perfect for you! You can learn more and sign up for the full review here – Lone STAAR Launch.
Scott and Natalie